Monday, April 9, 2007

Friday, April 6

“The dawn broke in sapphire splendour...”

Yes, at last, the most incredible changes are underway, and my life has come full circle once again. My dear dear dying friend Caroline, a darling woman so close to my heart, she swept through my world like a zephyr of change, taking away all that was stale while recharging my confidence, my creativity, my cares!

Even though there are still many loose ends in my life – such as my husband Stuart, who continues to live in his shed, getting hairier by the day, he’s become a human hedgehog. When he’s not skulking around at Spencer’s pad, living the highlife of a pretend bachelor, he’s out the back of this house guzzling red wine in splendid isolation, soaking in his primal fantasies. But I hardly see him. Sometimes he uses the shower, but there’s no social interaction, no actual words, nothing to suggest that we are still married. Our decision to commit to each other, and to work towards the harmony of our family? Well, it's all in the past. I called Sandy Grey, to let him know that our sessions are over. I am learning to accept these changes. Not to fight them. This is what Caroline has given me. New peace.

Or Julian, who’s launching himself out into the big wide world, a puppy about to get a few kicks from vicious reality. But again, I’m so in tune with his new plans. He wants to travel overseas. He wants to make the world a better place. And I make a few bucks by renting out his room. I’ve found this lovely creature called Hemi, a dancer, a fitness instructor, light as air – just perfect for babysitting Ollie. You see? Everything in alignment, it's incredible!

Since Bonnie saw sense and made the decision to repair the damage she’d done to our friendship, not to mention the Kumeu house, I’ve been freed from pressure from the bank. Half a million dollars was all it took. Seems a trivial sum now. Now that I’m well on my way to earning so much more, by sharing my wisdom. All those years of listening to people’s stories as a professional in HR. Dealing with the plight of lonely men like John Ackroyd, who continues to mistake our professional relationship for intimacy, bordering on sexual harassment. It's all there for me to reinterpret as fiction. Even the vile Arthur Short, who has held on to his rotten pile next door, tenacious as a limpet, these are human stories that my mythical heroine will use in her personal odyssey. Bonnie is very very lucky to be a part of this new venture – doing the typing while I create a future classic. Not every day that a dumbo like Bon gets to experience such a passionate outpouring, practically being burnt in the crucible of my ideas!

I tried to explain to her the other day, that money is no issue anymore. She moans and groans about the drab little spot she’s living in now with Jase and Max. But she misses the point completely! One creates one’s reality from the inside out – and I’m feeling incandescent! Soon I will attract significant wealth. Between me and my mythical heroine, there’s just no stopping us.

No comments: